High Quality Equipment
Invisalign® Versus Traditional Braces
- Great Aesthetics: Since Invisalign® is nearly invisible, most people will not notice that a patient is in treatment! The difference in appearance between an Invisalign® patient and a regular braces patient is dramatic.
- More Comfortable: No rough brackets rubbing against lips. No steel bands to irritate gums. No wires to poke cheeks.
- More hygienic: Since aligners are removed for eating and brushing and flossing, Invisalign® patients are generally better able to maintain excellent oral hygiene than patients wearing standard braces. Better oral hygiene means better gums and a lower risk of cavities during treatment.
- Eat Anything: Invisalign® aligners are removed for eating, so patients do not have to obey a strict “do not eat” list.
How does Invisalign® work?
In general, impressions are made of your teeth and are used to generate a computer simulation of the proposed realignment. The simulation (called a ClinCheck) is adjusted as required on a computer and then used to manufacture a series of clear plastic “aligners”. Each set of aligners is worn for about two weeks and will produce a small amount of tooth movement. Then, a new set of aligners is worn for another two weeks and the process continues until the teeth have been correctly aligned. Upon completion, retainers are inserted to hold the teeth in their new positions.
If I decide to go ahead with Invisalign® treatment, what’s next?
Once we have determined that you are a candidate for Invisalign® treatment, we will schedule an appointment to gather Invisalign® records.
These records are sent to Invisalign® for processing and include:
- Accurate impressions of your upper and lower teeth
- Photographs of your face and profile
- Photographs of your teeth from various angles
- A record of the manner in which your teeth fit together when fully closed
- A complete set of x-rays or a panoramic x-ray
Approximately two weeks after your records have been sent to Invisalign®, we will receive a 3D computer simulation (ClinCheck) of your projected treatment.
You will be invited to attend a short appointment with the dentist to view and discuss the simulation.
This appointment will give you an opportunity to see a representation of what your teeth will look like after they are straightened with Invisalign®, and will give you an idea of how long treatment will take.
Once you are satisfied with the computer simulation, your case will be accepted and Invisalign® will begin manufacturing your custom Invisalign® aligners.
Book a free consultation with Sokalsky Dental today to learn how the Invisalign® invisible braces can change your life forever.